If you own a fleet of boats for personal or commercial purpose, it is important to consider its safety and security. First, you must take a proactive approach and note down the serial number including hull and engine number of each vessel.
Second, you must install a portable and compact boat tracker for live tracking purpose. It can definitely protect it from theft because it has got some useful technical features.
#1 – Easy To Use
• A tracker is a light-weighted device and does not consume much space. It is very easy to install the device inside the engine or near to the battery.
• You just need to connect it directly to the power source to start live tracking immediately.
#2 – Centralized Fleet Management
• If you run a commercial fleet business, you can use the fleet management console to add employees and boats easily.
• You can assign employees against multiple boats for monitoring purpose.
#3 – Live Tracking
• It is very easy to track the fleet through your laptop or mobile from a secure login.
• You can set geofencing limits from the web console to get automatic SMS alerts on your phone if the boat leaves outside the set geographical perimeter area.
• It is also possible to review the route history and play the animated map replay option to retrace a vehicle’s route for a date and time interval. You can also find the time and the boat’s estimated speed.
#4 – Driver Efficiency Management
• A robust tracking device will calculate the rating of driving behavior and send a customized report.
• The report will include the driver’s violations of the basic functions (over-speed, geofencing, and excessive idle etc.) and penalty points received against each case.
• You can give statistical feedback to each driver or employee.
• It will help to run a lean and productive business operation unit.
• It also reduces the chances of theft as drivers and employees will remain alert and attentive due to the system’s automated algorithms.
#5 – Reports
• You can extract customized reports in graphical and statistical format for detailed trip history, SOS button events log, fall detection sensor log, fuel status, and speed violation instances to monitor, supervise, and protect the boats from theft.
• You can even schedule reports and receive them on your smartphone easily. It will save time and resources.
#6 – Remote Shutdown
• The tracker provides the option to remotely immobilize or shut down the boat power system.
• You just need to send an SMS from your mobile phone to shut it down and prevent any unauthorized use.
#7 – Two-Way Communication
• You can easily connect the tracker to a microphone and speaker for a seamless two-way on-demand communication.
• It is very easy to talk to the driver and listen from any remote location.
• You can record the conversation and listen to it through a 3rd party software integrated with the tracking system.